The Steering Committee is made up of volunteers who hold the following positions:
- Area Representatives (Northwest, Northeast, Southwest and Southeast)
The CERT Administration Committee is responsible for maintaining various graduate, training and activity rosters; recording minutes of the Steering Committee meetings; overseeing the maintenance and updating of the Pleasant Hill CERT Website, overseeing student enrollment activities and publishing the Pleasant Hill CERT Newsletter.
- Maintain a master listing of graduates and neighborhood CERT team members
- Maintain a training log for postgraduate CERT training
- Develop multiple CERT activation contact methods, including telephone notification
- Oversee the CERT website maintenance
- Record Steering Committee meeting minutes and distribute to committee members
The CERT Planning Committee is responsible for overseeing the continual development of the CERT Areas in Pleasant Hill, including the ongoing evaluation of Area boundaries and primary and alternate assembly areas. The Committee is also responsible obtaining Memorandum of Understanding from each Assembly Area site owner. The Committee also acts as a liaison to neighboring city CERT organizations.
- Ensure Pleasant Hill CERT consists of well defined and organized CERT Areas, each with a network of function teams
- Ensure each CERT Area has a workable team structure
- Ensure Memorandum of Understandings exist for all Assembly Areas
- Act as a liaison and mantain contact with neighboring city CERTs
The Operations Committee is responsible for planning and conducting training activities, including Quarterly Trainings and the Annual City-Wide Exercise and to ensure Pleasant Hill CERT has an adequate HAM and FRS radio communication procedures with regularly scheduled radio checks. During the winter months, the Operations Committee is responsible for coordinating with the City of Pleasant Hill’s Maintenance Staff to organize sand bag filling activities. In the event of flooding, the Steering Committee is responsible for coordinating CERT’s response.
- Conduct a Basic CERT course to train new members, and a Train the Trainer program for future instructors
- Schedule and arrange for reinforcement training and new training opportunities
- Conduct an annual city-wide CERT exercise that provides practice in organizing and responding to a major disaster
- Facilitate HAM training for CERT grads
- Establish HAM communication links with the EOC in each CERT area
- Organize radio checks to find weak communication areas, and annual communication checks from each assembly area to adjacent areas and the EOC
- Continue refinement of the Communications FOG and Communications Plan
- Oversee the development of a Medical Cell
- Oversee the development of a Search and Rescue Cell
- Coordinate with City Maintenance staff to schedule sandbagging each fall/winter
- Assist in establishing an ICP if flooding necessitates CERT assistance
The Logistics Committee is responsible for developing equipment storage recommendations for neighborhood teams and Assembly Areas. In addition the Committee is responsible for identifying and maintaining a list of vendors and seeking sources of funding, and applying for grants.
- Help ensure all Pleasant Hill CERT Assembly Areas have the necessary resources to respond to a disaster and remain self-sufficient for 5-days
- Ensure Post-Disaster equipment and supplies procurement procedures are in place, accounted for and maintained properly.
- Secure Memorandum of Understanding from local vendors regarding supply and resupply materials
- Research and apply for grant funding for CERT supplies and programs
The Community Outreach Committee is responsible for informing the residents of Pleasant Hill as to the presence and purpose of CERT and the benefits of trained neighborhood teams. To promote Emergency Preparedness by establishing a presence at key community events and educating interested citizens on the opportunity of becoming better prepared for a disaster by attending CERT Classes. To work with CERT Areas to develop and maintain a recruiting effort which will attract new CERT members.
- Inform Pleasant Hill residents as to the presence and purpose of CERT, and the benefit of trained neighborhood teams
- Promote emergency preparedness in Pleasant Hill by establishing a presence at key community events
- Work with Area Coordinators to develop and maintain a recruiting effort for new CERT students