The Steering Committee is made up of volunteers who hold the following positions:
- Community Outreach Section Chief - Vacant
- Area Representatives (Northwest, Northeast, Southwest and Southeast)
The CERT Administration Committee is responsible for maintaining various graduate, training and activity rosters; recording minutes of the Steering Committee meetings; overseeing the maintenance and updating of the Pleasant Hill CERT Website, overseeing student enrollment activities and publishing the Pleasant Hill CERT Newsletter.
- Develop multiple CERT activation methods
- Develop and activate the Pleasant Hill CERT Website
- Develop and implement communication vehicles for keeping Pleasant Hill CERT community informed
The CERT Planning Committee is responsible for overseeing the continual development of the CERT Areas in Pleasant Hill, including the ongoing evaluation of Area boundaries and primary and alternate assembly areas. The Committee is also responsible obtaining Memorandum of Understanding from each Assembly Area site owner. The Committee also acts as a liaison to neighboring city CERT organizations.
- Ensure Pleasant Hill CERT consists of well defined and organized CERT Areas, each with a network of function teams
- Ensure each CERT Area has a workable team structure
- Memorandum of Understandings exist for all Assembly Areas
The Operations Committee is responsible for planning and conducting training activities, including Quarterly Trainings and the Annual City-Wide Exercise and to ensure Pleasant Hill CERT has an adequate HAM and FRS radio communication procedures with regularly scheduled radio checks. During the winter months, the Operations Committee is responsible for coordinating with the City of Pleasant Hill’s Maintenance Staff to organize sand bag filling activities. In the event of flooding, the Steering Committee is responsible for coordinating CERT’s response.
- Offer a minimum of three CERT Training Classes per year and develop redundancy in instructors
- Provide three quarterly training activities per year focusing on skill development
- Conduct an annual city-wide CERT exercise that provides practice in organizing and responding to a major disaster
- Emplace an effective communications plan and network
- Ensure Pleasant Hill CERT is prepared to responds to winter flooding scenarios
The Logistics Committee is responsible for developing equipment storage recommendations for neighborhood teams and Assembly Areas. In addition the Committee is responsible for identifying and maintaining a list of vendors and seeking sources of funding, and applying for grants.
- Help ensure all Pleasant Hill CERT Assembly Areas have the necessary resources to respond to a disaster and remain self-sufficient for 5-days
- Ensure Post-Disaster equipment and supplies procurement procedures are in place, accounted for and maintained properly.
- Secure Memorandum of Understanding from local vendors regarding supply and resupply materials
The Community Outreach Committee is responsible for informing the residents of Pleasant Hill as to the presence and purpose of CERT and the benefits of trained neighborhood teams. To promote Emergency Preparedness by establishing a presence at key community events and educating interested citizens on the opportunity of becoming better prepared for a disaster by attending CERT Classes. To work with CERT Areas to develop and maintain a recruiting effort which will attract new CERT members.
- Regularly promote and educate the public in disaster preparedness
- Develop and implement recruiting tools that fill CERT classes